If you have an appointment for oral surgery under general anesthesia or IV sedation please notes the following rules:
- Nothing to eat or drink from midnight the night before your appointment. This includes water, gum, lifesavers, etc.
- Patient should wear short sleeves and shirt that are loose around neck. Dresses must button down the front to allow placement of EKG pads. No high heels or sandals should be worn. Sneakers or flat shoes preferred.
- No Jewelry should be worn at this appointment. All facial piercings must be removed prior to coming to the appointment
- You MUST have an escort to drive you home. They MUST bring you and remain in the waiting room while surgery is being performed. Escort must be 18 years or older. (No children are to be brought to this appointment)
- Anyone under 18 years old must have a parent or guardian with them to sign consent forms.
- If you miss your appointment you will have to wait for the next available appointment.
- All co-pays must be paid at the time of your visit.
- If you need to cancel the appointment you must give at least 24 Hours notice.
- Nail Polish or Acrylic Nails must be removed before surgery.
- All medications have been discussed with the doctor, take as directed.
- If you wear contact lenses, please do not wear them on the day of surgery.
- Please call the office 24 hours prior to surgery if you have a cold or congestion.
- This is a surgical procedure. Please understand that surgery can sometimes take longer than expected. Recovery is different for each individual. Please make arrangements to be at the office for at least 3-4 hours.